Florida-licensed school psychologists must renew their licenses biennially, on November 30th of odd-numbered years.
Every licensee must complete 30 hours of approved CE within the two year licensure period (biennium). Of which:
- Two (2) hours of continuing education on domestic violence must be completed every third biennial licensure renewal period. These two (2) hours shall be part of the 30 hours otherwise required for each biennial licensure renewal, and may be taken at anytime during the six years preceding the renewal for the biennial in which the credit is due. For example, if you renewed your license on November 30, 2005, you are required to complete the Domestic Violence CE before the November 30, 2011 renewal.
- Two (2) of the 30 hours must relate to prevention of medical errors
More information can be found on the Florida Board of School Psychology website: http://www.doh.state.fl.us/mqa/schoolpsych/index.html
Professional Development Resources is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Professional Development Resources maintains responsibility for all programs and content. Professional Development Resources is also approved by the Florida Board of Psychology and Office of School Psychology (CE Broker Provider #50-1635).
Over 100 online courses are available for psychologists, including:
- Preventing Medical Errors in Behavioral Health
- Domestic Violence: Child Abuse & Intimate Partner Violence
- School Refusal Behavior: Children Who Can’t or Won’t Go to School
- Autism Spectrum Disorders in Schools: Evidence-Based Screening and Assessment
- Anti-Social Youth & Conduct Disorders